Pianist Yuko Mabuchi is joined by bassist Del Atkins and drummer Bobby Breton for this audiophile recording of four popular and jazz tunes recorded in The Brain and Creativity Institute's Cammilleri Hall, March 31, 2017.
Yuko dedicated this release to the 25th Anniversary of the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society, the largest association of audiophiles on the planet, and to the 70th Birthday of Robert H. Levi, Yarlung's society's illustrious President and CEO.
If Mabuchi's playing can be described as tasteful, economical, and lyrical, it should also be noted that her rapid single-note runs are impeccably executed. The performances benefit from an exceptionally realistic recording that stands out for its in-the-room ambience and tonal clarity.
Recorded in The Brain and Creativity Institute's Cammilleri Hall, March 31, 2017.
* 180g Vinyl
* Pressed at Pallas
* Mastering Engineers: Steve Hoffman & Bob Attiyeh
* Vinyl Mastering: Bernie Grundman
* LA & OC Audio Society 25th Anniversary Edition
Yuko Mabuchi, piano
Del Atkins, bass
Bobby Breton, drums
1. What Is This Thing Called Love - Cole Porter
2. Valse Noire - Mark Louis Lehman
3. On Green Dolphin Street - Bronislaw Kaper
4. Seriously - Sara Bareilles
DON'T JUST LISTEN TO MUSIC EXPERIENCE IT.