* Australian guitar pop band return after string of sold-out singles
* For fans of The Clean, The Bats, Verlaines, 3Ds, The Go-Betweens, The Cannanes, Husker Du, Polvo
* Limited red vinyl copy available
* On US tour in September and October, and in Europe soon after
* No export to the UK
Here it is! Brisbane (via Melbourne), Australia-based quartet Thigh Master are back with the long awaited second album Now For Example-the follow up to their 2016 debut Early Times. Following a string of sold-out singles as well as tours of U.S., Japan and Europe, the guitar-pop-guardians of the Brisbane underground deliver this latest, a twelve song hook-laden exertion, filled with imperious string bends and riffage framing witty tales of lethargic social observation, concocted by band leader Matthew Ford.
Now For Example sees the most compelling and virtuosic combination of Thigh Master members to date, with Innez Tulloch (guitar / keys), Dusty Anastassiou (drums) and Daniel Ford (bass) contributing heavily to its foundations and creating a bulk of their parts off-the-cuff during recording sessions, which took place in various houses between Melbourne and Brisbane. The intervals of ragged, jangly guitar riffs interspersed with waves of distorted sonic mischief recall the late '80s / early '90s Flying Nun sound of The Clean, Bats and 3Ds.
1. 6 ft Barrier
4. Claps For Clats
5. Pity Run
6. Subtropic Buck (Always A Loan)
7. Hidden Treasure (Brussels)
8. Mould Lines
9. Porto's Lullaby
10. The Prospect Patent
12. The Ballad Of The Caxton Hotel
DON'T JUST LISTEN TO MUSIC EXPERIENCE IT.