* Cut from the same hi-res masters used for the 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A series
* Pressed on 200gram super-heavyweight vinyl for the best possible audio reproduction
* King Crimson is on tour in the UK in from end of October into November, with the current band playing much of the material on these albums
* Boxed set contains the band's three classic albums by the celebrated 1972 - 1974 line-ups plus a fourth album containing a complete alternate version of ''Larks' Tongues in Aspic'' mixed and produced by Steven Wilson featuring the LP's original US artwork.*
* The expanded edition of USA is also featured on LPs five and six in its 2013 issued mix by Robert Fripp, David Singleton and Tony Arnold
* The set also contains a full sized 24 pages photographic booklet of the band during the period plus a poster of the King Crimson album art as it originally featured in ''The Young Person's Guide to King Crimson'' - the band's first, 1975 issued, compilation.
King Crimson 1972 - 1974 presents the band's celebrated trio of studio albums from that period ''Larks' Tongues in Aspic'', ''Starless and Bible Black''** and ''Red'' in their 40th anniversary edition mixes as mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp in 2009 - 2012.
This is the first time that these mixes have appeared on vinyl.**
All albums are presented in their original sleeves.
Additionally, a fourth LP features an Alternate ''Larks' Tongues in Aspic'' mixed and produced by Steven Wilson, with 'Easy Money' appearing in its 2012 mix by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy and presented in the album's original American sleeve art.
The vinyl set is completed with the inclusion of the expanded version of the live USA album, presented in its 2013 mix with interior gatefold art based on the original imagery.
A 24 pages photographic booklet and album art poster are also included.
All albums are pressed using 200gram super heavyweight vinyl for the best audio reproduction.
The albums were cut at Loud Mastering by Jason Mitchell from original hi-res sources as prepared by Steven Wilson and approved by Robert Fripp.
*except 'Easy Money' (alt. mix), Mixed and Produced by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy
**excluding 'Trio' and 'The Mincer', presented in original mixes as multi-track tapes for these tracks remain lost