Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered From Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Arthur Grimiaux, accompanied by pianist Istvan Hajdu, plays his best-loved encores including works by Mozart, Gluck, Granados, Vivaldi, Beethoven, and more for the first volume of the 2-part series.
''The good Arthur Grumiaux was in a very sentimental mood when he chose the twenty-nine works for this pair of discs. The prevailing pace is andante, the prevailing mood one of heavy sweetness... a Mozart Rondo is bright, articulate, and well planned: Granados' Danza espanola No. 5 (Andaluza) is warm and compelling, with its minor -major cadence as magical as ever: Kreisler's Schon Rosmarin is beguiling.'' - High Fidelity
* Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
* Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
* Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
* Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
* Analogphonic release
Arthur Grumiaux, violin
Istvan Hajdu, piano
Maria Theresia von Paradis
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Christoph Willibald Gluck
4. Danza Espanola No. 5
5. Schon Rosmarin - Liebesleid - Liebesfreud
Francesco Maria Veracini
2. Siciliano, Op. 3 No. 11
Ludwig van Beethoven
4. Minuette in G Major
5. Ave Maria, Op. 52 No. 6
6. Humoresque Op. 101 No. 7
7. Meditation de Thais
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
8. Valse Sentimentale Op. 51 No. 6