Xray Eyeballs is the brainchild of O.J. San Felipe. Originally from San Francisco, O.J.
landed in Brooklyn in 2000 after numerous cross-country adventures. Upon settling, O.J.
quickly cemented himself in the underground Brooklyn punk, noise, and indie scene
playing in numerous bands including Golden Triangle (Mexican Summer, Hardly Art).
While Golden Triangle is known as an all around party band that bashes out garage pop
tunes that could easily be found on a Nuggets compilation, O.J. had something else in
mind for Xray Eyeballs. Starting as a solo project, O.J. aimed to make pop songs that kids
could remember after leaving the party. O.J. explains, ''I just wanted to make every song
sound like a lullaby.'' These songs are filled with dreamy pop hooks and melancholic
melodies, covered in a spooky haze.
First edition pressing of 500 on translucent blue vinyl.
''A lo-fi garage punk commotion, swampy almost-country ballads that have a creepy,
dimly lit quality.'' -- AllMusic // ''[The music] has the extroverted hooks of your favorite
tri-colored Lookout! vinyl seven-inch, but was recorded via inward-gazing, bongwatersoaked
lo-fi mushcore production'' -- Village Voice
* Two clean-cut, brand new songs from NY acid trash pop outfit
* ''Deja Vu'' produced by Chris Coady (Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
* Featuring members of Golden Triangle
* Previous releases available on Kanine, Hozac
* Digital servicing to radio by AAM
* East coast tour planned for September
* Top markets: New York, Austin, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago
A. Sundae 2:17
B. Deja Vu 4:22